Welcome to Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Buffalo, WY
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), of which Prince of Peace is a member congregation, was formed by Saxon German immigrants of 1838-1839 who left Germany seeking freedom of religious expression and settled in St Louis and Perry County, Missouri. The Synod was formed in 1847 as the German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of Missouri, Ohio, and Other States. The LCMS headquarters, the International Center, remains in the St Louis area, in Kirkwood, Missouri. Prince of Peace is a member of the Wyoming District of LCMS.
Our congregation was organized in 1973. We accept all the Canonical Books of the Old and New Testaments as the verbally inspired, inerrant Word of God, and all the Symbolical Books of the Evangelical Lutheran Church contained in the Book of Concord of 1580 as a true and sound exposition of Christian teaching taken from and in full agreement with the Holy Scriptures. No teaching shall be tolerated in this congregation which is at variance with these Symbols of the Evangelical Lutheran Church.
The design of the Prince of Peace sanctuary building, shown on our home page, is a post-modern “take” on the colonial saltbox style. It was dedicated in June 1977.
For a full history of the church, click here.
The Lutheran Seal
The Luther seal, or Luther rose, is a widely recognized symbol for Lutheranism. Designed for Martin Luther in 1530. Luther believed it a representation of the faith and theology of his faith, and used it as a seal for his correspondences.
About Pastor Gerald Heinecke
This website is funded by memorial funds for Dick Peters, Esther Benten and Virginia Spiering.
© 2017 Website designed by K&W Design